Call Us: 1-855-325-4296
Hours: Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Prefer to let your fingers do the talking? Log on to Crisis Chat!
What to Expect When You Call
When you call The Crisis Center, expect to talk confidentially to a skilled volunteer who will listen with compassion, respond without judgment and treat you with respect. Our volunteers complete a minimum of 62 hours of training to provide support and comfort for clients in times of crisis. They know how to work collaboratively with you to brainstorm potential options and generate an action plan if you think it could be helpful.
We also maintain an extensive resource database, so our volunteers may be able to help you find more specialized local services and resources from national organizations.
No issue is too great and certainly none is too small.
Who Should Call
Research a wide range of topics concerning you here, no matter where you live in the world you live.
- Walk-in peer counseling from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at The Crisis Center
- Referrals to local, state and national resources
- Suicide prevention, intervention and postvention
- Mobile Crisis Outreach in Johnson and Iowa Counties
- Online emotional support through Crisis Chat