Gain hands-on internship experience while promoting critical community services provided by The Crisis Center. If you are a team player who can work well independently, this internship is for you. Because this internship is unpaid, we want to be sure you’re learning the skills you need to succeed and land your first job after college. Assignments and hours are fairly flexible and depend on the intern’s professional interests. Below are some examples of tasks interns may perform, in addition to projects of their choosing. Work hours can accommodate most students’ schedules and class requirements.
The Communications Intern will assist in Communications Department efforts by:
- interviewing clients, volunteers, donors, and staff in order to generate copy for internal and external materials,
- assisting in website management using a WordPress platform,
- writing press releases and media advisories,
- writing content for newsletters and our blog,
- drafting and sending mass emails through Bloomerang’s donor management system,
- assisting with the promotion of upcoming events,
- assisting with the management of social media,
- creating and distributing promotional materials
- tabling events on behalf of The Crisis Center,
- additional administrative assistance as needed.
Qualified candidates will have excellent written, oral, and graphic communications skills. The intern must possess a high degree of self-motivation and be passionate about the programs and services of The Crisis Center. This position will work as part of the Communications & Development and administrative teams and reports to the Communications Coordinator. This is an unpaid internship with a flexible 10-15 hour/week schedule.
Desired Education and Experience:
Applicants must display a commitment to nonprofit communications and social services. Graphic design skills, in addition to communications skills, are a plus.
Cover letter and resume must be submitted to be considered for the position. Persons interested in this position should send materials to:
Carly Matthew, Communications Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Sept. 7
The Crisis Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer