Position overview: The Communications Manager shall have excellent written and oral communications skills, be proficient in graphic design, experience with a broad range of media, demonstrated understanding of marketing and brand management best practices, and the ability to understand complex issues and clearly convey them to targeted audiences. Experience in online learning platforms, web development, video production, and Google AdWords preferred. The Manager will work as part of the Communications & Development team and must possess a high degree of self-motivation, ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects with tight deadlines, and be passionate about the programs and services of The Crisis Center. This position reports to the Communications & Development Director.
Hours: Full-time, exempt
Desired Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing, or a related field of study and a minimum of three years of practical experience.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suites and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google AdWords, etc) are required.
- Photography and videography skills are desired.
- Experience in managing media relations.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic communication plans.
- Public speaking and/or interaction experience.
- Flexibility in work schedule, as evening and weekend hours will be required.
Persons interested in this position should send a cover letter, resume, three graphic design samples, and one writing sample to: email@example.com
Communications & Development Director
The Crisis Center
1121 Gilbert Ct.
Iowa City, IA 52240
Deadline Jan. 2019
The Crisis Center of Johnson County is a United Way of Johnson and Washington Counties Partner Agency and an Equal Opportunity Employer.