The Crisis Center is seeking an experienced Crisis Intervention Program Coordinator. This position is responsible for the management and supervision for the 24-hour Crisis Intervention Program. The Program Coordinator I is responsible for overseeing the daily activities of the 24-hour crisis line, walk-in counseling, crisis chat/texts and contract services.
This is a supervision-focused position which will be in charge of multiple teams of professionals (including other supervisors) and volunteers. While there will be some direct service needed, the primary focus will be on enabling everyone to provide quality service to The Crisis Center’s clients through fostering a caring and committed culture both in-person and remotely.
Employment status: Full-time
Salary range: $33,000 – $38,000 based on prior experience
Desired education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in the human service field and minimum one years of experience in a human services organization, OR
- Bachelor’s degree in a non-human services-related field with a minimum of two years of experience in behavioral or mental health services, and 30 hours of crisis and mental health in-service training
- Special Knowledge and Skills: Supervisory and teaching skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, counseling skills, administrative skills, etc.
- Dependable transportation and insurable under agency liability insurance
- Complete mandatory training programs at first available opportunity
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including occasional evenings, weekends and overnights to provide training sessions, speaking engagements, and to respond to call center emergency situations. Must have the ability to report to work quickly in emergencies
- Familiarity with suicide prevention, intervention, and postvention
- Commitment to accessibility, caring and nonjudgmental provision of services
- Knowledge of community resources
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to working collaboratively with a team of professionals.
Persons interested in this position should send a cover letter and resume to:
Director of Crisis Intervention Services
The Crisis Center of Johnson County
1121 Gilbert Court
Iowa City, IA 52240
Applications deadline May 30
The Crisis Center is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate with regard to race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, associational preference, or any classification that would deprive the person of consideration as an individual.