POSITION OVERVIEW: The Crisis Center Food Bank & Emergency Assistance Programs provide assistance to Johnson County families to help with basic needs such as food, clothing, local transportation, housing, utilities, prescriptions, employment, and identification. The Food Bank Floor Manager is responsible for supporting the daily operations of the Food Bank program and its volunteers in a fun, fast-paced work environment. Included in this position are the training and onboarding of Food Bank volunteers, direct client services, and clerical duties. The Food Bank Floor Manager supervises and provides feedback to volunteers. Ideal candidates have previous leadership experience and enjoy interacting with people of diverse ages and backgrounds. Applicants must be energetic, self-motivated, independent, organized, and have strong communication and leadership skills. This position reports to the Food Bank Coordinator.
Employment status: Hourly, part-time 20 hours per week. The schedule will be flexible based on availability, but applicants must be available to work Mondays 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM, Tuesdays 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM, and Fridays 2:30 PM– 5:30 PM.
Wage: $12.00-$13.50 per hour, commensurate with experience
Hours: Mon – Fri 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. and occasional evening, overnight or weekend hours
Roles and responsibilities:
- Addresses any volunteer questions/concerns that arise during shifts
- Assists Food Bank Coordinator to interview, orient, train and supervise Food Bank volunteers
- Provides feedback to volunteers about performance
- Provides direct client services and answers client questions in person and on the phone
- Helps volunteers receive donations and stock the pantry, regularly unloading trucks and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Performs data entry and filing of volunteer and client records
- Other duties as assigned
Desired education and experience: Some post-secondary education in social work or a related field and one year of experience in a volunteer-driven social service organization is preferred. Dual fluency in English and Spanish, French, and/or Arabic is desired.
Necessary skills and requirements:
- Ability to model for volunteers a client-centered, compassionate, non-judgmental approach
- Ability to respond immediately and constructively to crisis situations in a calm, positive manner
- Detail-oriented with strong organization skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and electronic databases
To apply, please send a resume electronically to email@example.com with “Food Bank Floor Manager” as the subject line, or by mail to:
Food Bank Coordinator
The Crisis Center of Johnson County
1121 Gilbert Court
Iowa City, IA 52240-4528
Applications are due by 12:00 PM on Wednesday, February 28.
The Crisis Center is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate with regard to race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, associational preference, or any classification that would deprive the person of consideration as an individual.