Phone: (319) 351-0128
Monday: 12:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 12:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Thursday: 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 12:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The food bank is closed on:
- January 1
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving and the day after Thanksgiving (Nov. 22 & 23)
- Day before Christmas (Dec. 24)
- Christmas (Dec. 25)
Weekly Food Assistance
If you need special accommodations, please call the Food Bank at (319) 351-0128 weekdays between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. and ask to speak to a staff member to discuss other options.
Additional services are offered through generous donations and partnerships with other organizations. Some types of assistance are only provided when items are available. The Food Bank’s other services include:
- Birthday bags – supplies to hold a birthday party for a child aged 3-15, supported by the Rotary Club of Iowa City Downtown
- Single-ride bus tickets – available on the 1st day of the month until gone, limited to 3 per household per month, made available by Iowa City Transit
- Mail acceptance – US first class mail may be directed to The Crisis Center, a signed contract with us is required
- Clothing & household item vouchers – available thanks to the Crowded Closet and Goodwill Industries of Southeast Iowa. Available on the 1st day of the month until gone. The voucher’s value is based on the number of people in your family.
What to Expect When You Visit
It’s important that we update your family record periodically, so you may be asked once or twice a year to confirm your address, number of members in the family, and other basic information.
What to Bring With You
After your first visit, you will only need to give us your name to receive assistance.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.
To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Ave., SW, Washington, DC, 20250-9410 or call toll free (866) 632-9992 (Voice). Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.