POSITION OVERVIEW: This position involves providing coverage for the Mobile Crisis Outreach Program (MCO) in Johnson and Iowa County and providing follow-up care coordination to the mobile crisis clients within 24 hours of mobile crisis contact and ongoing until the client is connected to community services. This position may be called to provide specialized counseling services in emergency situations (ie., suicide, homicide, natural disaster, etc).
Starting Hourly Wage: $18.27 per hour
Hours: Mon – Fri 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. and occasional evening, overnight or weekend hours
- Bachelor’s degree in the human service field and five years of experience working in the mental health field. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Counseling and/or crisis intervention skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, crisis intervention and suicide risk assessment
- Valid Iowa driver’s license and insurable under agency liability insurance
- Dependable transportation
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including occasional evenings, weekends and overnights to attend staff meetings, training sessions, and provide mobile crisis services, including ability to report to work quickly in emergencies
- Knowledge of community resources
- Ability to collaborate with community agencies, hospitals, law enforcement and school districts
- Experience assisting people with relationship difficulties, depression, stress, extreme poverty, mental illness, parenting etc.
- Previous experience working with victims of crime
- Ability to provide services with a trauma informed lens
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with stressful situations
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work independently
- Ability to write reports and proposals
- Fluent in Spanish, Arabic, French or Swahili
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to working with a team of professionals
- Personal attributes such as professionalism, commitment to self-improvement and development, friendliness, tact, enthusiasm, creativity, sensitivity, sense of humor, and honesty
Please email a cover letter and resume by to:
Director of Crisis Intervention Services
The Crisis Center of Johnson County is an equal opportunity employer.