- 2nd Tuesday: Mercer Park 5-6:30 p.m.
- 2nd Wednesday: Breckenridge Estates 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- 2nd Thursday: Forest View Mobile Court 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- 3rd Tuesday: Cole’s Community 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- 3rd Wednesday: Parkview Mobile Court, Oxford 12-1 p.m.
- 3rd Wednesday: Western Hills, Coralville 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- 3rd Thursday: Capitol House Apartments 1:30-3 p.m.
- 3rd Thursday: Regency 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Volunteers are needed for a variety of duties supporting the Mobile Food Pantry, including:
- Pulling items from the Food Bank warehouse, loading them into vehicles, and unloading on-site
- Checking in and signing up clients
- Helping people shop and check out
- Taking down tables and returning items to the Food Bank
Sign up to volunteer
The Mobile Food Pantry is open to both one-time and ongoing volunteers, as well as groups of 2 to 6 people. Fill out the application here. Once you are finished, you will receive a link to our SignUpGenius page to sign up for shifts.
Who can volunteer?
The Mobile Food Pantry program is one of our most flexible volunteer opportunities – we have openings for both ongoing and one-time volunteers. We also welcome small groups to volunteer as a team. We have a particular need for Spanish-speaking volunteers. Volunteers must be age 16 or older (or middle school-age with a parent).
About the Mobile Food Pantry
The Mobile Pantry Program provides monthly grocery assistance to residents of underserved and/or rural mobile home parks in Johnson County. The Mobile Pantry offers a variety of perishable and non-perishable food items, as well as baby and household items. Clients may choose the items that work best for their family, with some limits based on household size.
If you have questions about the Mobile Food Pantry volunteer program, please contact Mobile Pantry Coordinator Jennifer De La Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org or (319) 351-2726 ext. 129.