Volunteer sign-up information
Children volunteering must be in 7th grade or higher and we require one adult per two children. Please view volunteer opportunity descriptions and available shifts via the following links:
Mobile Pantry sites
Over 4,000 individuals will enjoy holiday meals this December due to the generosity of our sponsor MidwestOne Bank, our community, and the efforts of volunteers and staff at The Crisis Center.
The need for food in our community continues to grow and so do the prices at the supermarket. A $25 donation will purchase a complete holiday meal for a local family in need. Donations will be accepted through the end of the year.
Clients receive their choice of entrée, sides, vegetables, and a variety of other grocery items needed to prepare a holiday feast. We also offer diverse options by purchasing ethnically varied ingredients for all families to create a traditional holiday meal. Please register in-person by Friday, Nov. 30 or call 319-351-0128 to make special arrangements.
Clients who register by Dec. 1 will have their first choice of entree. This year’s choices include:
- Whole turkey (serves 10-12) *Not available at Mobile Pantry sites
- Boneless pork ham (serves 6-8)
- Whole chicken (serves 3-4)
- Turkey roast (serves 1-3)
- Meatless “turkey” roast (serves 3-4)
Food distribution will take place at The Crisis Center from Monday, Dec. 17 to Friday, Dec. 21 during regular food bank hours. Questions? Call the food bank at 319-351-0128.
Mobile Pantry sites
- Cole’s Community Tuesday, Dec. 18: 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
- Parkview Mobile Court (Oxford) Wednesday, Dec. 19: 12 – 1 p.m.
- Western Hills Mobile Estates Wednesday, Dec. 19: 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Regency Mobile Home Park Thursday, Dec. 20, 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
- Capitol House Apartments Friday, Dec. 21, 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Coralville Community Food Pantry – 1002 5th St., Coralville
Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2 – 6 p.m.
North Liberty Community Pantry – 89 N. Jones Blvd., North Liberty
Wednesday, Dec. 19 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.